Sunday, March 1, 2009

14 Weeks - Second Trimester!

Yesterday Jenni and I volunteered to help hang artwork for the Memphis ADDY Awards, and I got the first "Are you pregnant?" from my friends at Memphis AdFed. Wow, I can't believe people are actually starting to take notice. So, John and I thought we would take some pics for our Nashville friends to see what Sammy is starting to do to mommy's tummy!

It feels like such a blessing to be here in the second trimester. According to my new pregnancy book, Sammy is about the size of a fist and weighs 1 oz. It also says maternity clothes may be a "must" by now. It is exactly right! Jenni went out looking for some jeans with me yesterday, and we had the hardest time finding some in my size! The one pair (out of 20+) we did find were at A Pea in the Pod, and you can imagine how much they cost! When I told John, he asked if I really needed jeans. Ha! That's like asking a zebra if he needs stripes!

Maternity clothes are so expensive. So, for you gals who have gone before me, I need tips on how you managed to build your wardrobe. Did you just buy a few pieces and borrow the rest? Did you go on eBay? Any tips would be helpful, as you know me, pregnant or not, I always want to be in style ;).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Meliss! I bought a few expensive, trendy things at a fancy store in town and supplemented with cool things from Target. They have great maternity clothes. I even got some fairly cool jeans for $12 there. Also, go to places like the Gap, Old Navy, etc and just get cool T shirts and tops in bigger sizes. Most of my tops were just larger sizes of regular clothes. (not maternity). I also borrowed a bunch of really cool stuff from Brooke. I'd love to loan you anything I have, but I'm sure it'd be too big. I have one really cool top I'll loan you, that might fit. It was one of my favs! LOVE your photo!!! You look fantastic! Can't wait to see you and rub that tummy myself! Y'all coming to Franklin anytime soon? We miss y'all tons!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen in my life! Absolutely precious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you look beautiful!!! I want to see you!! I think you'll have a lot of trouble fitting into maternity clothes at Target & the other shops. I had a bunch of small summery maternity clothes but sold them on Criagslist :-( I wore a lot of leggings and sundresses! Motherhood has great sundresses. Go to American Apparel for leggings!

    ReplyDelete