Okay, so I think I've finally caught up on all my posts. Now, let's hope I can keep up with this blogging thing cause I've never been good at keeping diaries and those kinds of things!
So, I have been in the cleaning mood lately and was cleaning out my pile of papers in the office this past weekend when I came across a few sheets of folded paper with type and highlighting on them. I opened the pages and discovered they were an old Sunday school lesson my dad had sent me on Hannah. For those of you who aren't familiar with Hannah, she was barren for many, many years and desperately prayed to the Lord for a child. God ended up granting her wish and she bore a beautiful son. Do you know what she named him??? Samuel - "Because I have asked for him from the Lord."
My heart stopped when I read these words! What was the nickname John and I had chosen to call our little bean?? Sam! Why? At the time we just thought it sounded like a good unisex name and picked it out of the blue. So, I couldn't believe when I read these words. I felt like God was saying, "Melissa, it is no coincidence you chose the name Sam and it is no coincidence you happened upon these verses today. Now have faith that I given you this child as a gift, and I will sustain this child in your womb."
A sense of peace like no other just washed over me. After all of our losses and heartache, God chose this moment to provide me with reassurance that he gave us little Sam and he was going to protect our little Sam. How awesome is our God!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment